Spending twenty-five years together is a huge accomplishment for any couple! Though there are ups and downs, this is a milestone to commemorate with the perfect 25th wedding anniversary gift.
This brings us to the question- What is the 25th wedding anniversary gift?
- It is silver, meaning this is your silver wedding anniversary.
- It has always been silver- the traditional and modern symbol are both silver
- The symbolic flower is the iris.
25 years is a long time, and you may have by now had a huge family or a group of friends, giving you all the reason to celebrate this significant day with them.
It’s up to you to decide how and where you want to celebrate the special day. The options are limitless-it all depends on your creativity, time and of course, resources!
Are you planning to throw a party? Here’s our recommended list of MUST HAVE accessories.
To see more of our recommendations see our:
By the way did you know that this is the most sold gift on Amazon for ANY anniversary event? We were surprised! What do you think? Leave a comment below.
Why the 25th wedding anniversary is called a silver anniversary
Living twenty-five years together is a major milestone in a married couples’ life because you have spent a quarter of a century with the same partner. This is why it’s one of the most celebrated anniversaries.
Sterling silver is both the traditional and modern symbol for 25 years because this is a special achievement indeed. Sterling silver, in turn, is a metal known for its radiance and brilliance.
It rightly depicts 25 years of married life because it shows that despite undergoing so many problems in life, your love for each other is still as brilliant and radiating as it was 25 years ago.
Besides, silver also symbolizes harmony that is necessary and the base for living together in harmony for so many years. Life throws so much at you- there were obviously quarrels and fights, but it takes lots of patience, love, and understanding to move on and stay together in harmony all these years.
How should your 25th wedding anniversary be celebrated?
There is obviously no steadfast rule applicable here. You have to decide based on your preferences and priorities. If you want to celebrate with friends, then you could arrange for a dinner party at perhaps your favorite hotel, and invite your near and dear ones to it.
If you want something private, why not think out of the box, and do something like going on a day trip to Silver Springs in Florida or Maryland. You can alternatively head to California’s or Ireland’s Silver Strand Beach, based on your available time or budget.
Then again, there is no rule saying you cannot go on a normal’ date this day! If you two haven’t been able to spend much personal together for a long time, nothing will make her feel better than going to a movie, concert or even theatre event together. Make the evening even more special by taking her to dinner after that, where you can present her a ring or have a band play her favorite music.
What is the 25th wedding anniversary color?
Its symbolic color is silver, which is what makes this anniversary extra special. Its color and modern and traditional symbols are all the same!
What is the 25th wedding anniversary flower?
The symbolic flower is the Iris because it’s a symbol of elegance and sophistication. It is traditionally a symbol of hope, faith, admiration, courage and wisdom, everything that’s embodied in these 25 years of your relationship together.
It’s a harbinger of good news making it a befitting choice because announcing your 25 years together is really good news! Besides, it also emits a nice fragrance, which is why it’s used in perfumes.
You can present her with a single iris flower or even a complete bouquet. If you two love gardening, you could perhaps gift her an iris plant or bulb so that the plant reminds you two about this symbolic anniversary for many more years to come. You can make the year even more special by perhaps presenting her iris flowers throughout the silver anniversary year!
Don’t worry if you can’t get iris flowers. While Iris is the first preference, you can also consider presenting her with bluebells, which is also from the same family. This is a flower known for consistency and long-lasting love and indicates that you are looking forward to many more years of marriage.
You could alternatively add some small flowers like baby’s breath to the bouquet because baby’s breath anyway has a slight silverfish hue. Silver is anyway also this year’s official color, another reason to add it.
25th wedding anniversary gifts for him or her
By now the first option that you get as a 25th wedding anniversary gift is something made from silver like silver lockets, champagne glasses, and gorgeous jewelry or engraved keepsakes. However, I have to mention here that it isn’t at all necessary that you have to, and can only present each other something made or having silver.
All wedding anniversaries have symbols associated with its respective year. You can keep up with the tradition by at least ensuring your gift has something related to the symbol, which is silver here.
You’ll be surprised by the options there are available. Just go take a look at sites like Amazon and eBay. You are sure to find something for both him and her, including silver. Most people assume that you can find lots of things made of silver only for women. However, you’ll be surprised at the number of gifts there are also for men!
Here are a few suggestions.
• You can always give her a silver plated rose. Coating freshly picked roses with silver make a perfect eternal gift.
•You can alternatively present her with an ever-lasting iris like iris flower earrings.
• Why not give him a stained glass window with irises. Once installed in your home, the window is a part and reminder of the 25 years you’d spent together forever.
• If you both love a good bottle of wine, then a vintage 1993 wine bottle makes a unique gift. This was, in fact, my gift to Eleanor which I easily found at my local wine cellar. You can also order online.
• You can also present a set of silver plated wine glasses to complement the wine.
• Instead of the usual silver pendant or earring, a silver infinity necklace pendant makes a unique piece of jewelry for this special day. It honors the years spent together, and also shows your commitment to infinite living together.
• If it’s in your budget, and you had always wanted to, this is the right reason to give her a diamond eternity band. She’ll proudly wear it every day as a reminder of your love and achievements together in life so far, and commitment for the future.
• If your husband loves music, then make a compilation of either his favorite songs or songs that have special meanings attached to them or some songs representing your relationship. Wrap the CD or pen drive in a silver ribbon and present it to him.
• Create a list of all the crazy things you had done as a couple, from our dating days, to when we had kids and needed our time’ and so many other fun but special things we had done. List everything on a poster and frame it in a silver frame and present it to him.
• You can also present him something he uses every day like silver cufflinks, key rings, a silver tie or tie-pin or even a wallet with a silver edge. He will be reminded of this year every time he uses it.
What about you?
So how do you celebrate your anniversary? Sometimes after spending so many years together, you may have surprised each other so many times, that you run out of ideas. This is why I found this post rather interesting while looking for an ideal silver anniversary gift. https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/8kyhup/today_is_our_25th_wedding_anniversary_she_got_me/
Looking at this post, I thought that what’s more important and effective as a gift at this point in life is something handmade, keeping each other’s preferences or hobbies in mind.
I mean, it’s the understanding you share that helped you spend so many years together. And usually, by this time, you would have settled down in life, have kids and perhaps even grandchildren, so you have time to pursue hobbies you never had time for before.
This is why we also thought that you could also give each other these gifts:
• Bake his favorite cookies- how long has it been since you baked a fresh batch?
• Go out on a date like you used to go 25 years back
• Embroider your names on your handkerchiefs
• Have a candlelit dinner- you anyway don’t have to worry about kids!
• Let her take a break and order food home
• Book an appointment to the spa and get a relaxing massage and sauna bath
• Personalize coffee mugs or t-shirts for both of you with words like e still have chemistry after 25 years!’
• If you’ve never got a tattoo, but always wanted to, you could perhaps get one together, inscribing each other’s names with your wedding date.
So you see, there are so many things you can actually give her to commemorate your 25 years together. There are so many options to choose from, and with each couple being unique, it’s left to you to decide based on your budget and time. Whatever you choose to give or do, you have to be proud that you have actually spent 25 years together!! Keep it up!
Other articles of interest:
Other questions people ask:
What advice do I give the bride?
We answered this in our blog post “Marriage advice for the bride” where we give you a complete and honest answer from investigating what advice people who have been married for many years would give.